A.SIVABARATHI (2020 BATCH)
N.S.N feels proud to felicitate A.Sivabarathi for his achievements on extending his support towards farmers in India. He has been honoured with a Memento and a Cash reward of Rs.10000 by our adorable Founder, on the occasion of Annual Sports Meet amongst the cheers of the huge audience., “PRIDE OF N.S.N IS NOW THE PRIDE OF THE NATION”.
SivaBharathi’s Mother has been constantly supporting him on his innovations and has been a pillar of strength behind all his achievements. NSN took an opportunity to thank this loving mother and she was honoured by our beloved Principal.
- Master Sivabharathi Anbu Bharathi, a class XII student of NSN Memorial Senior Secondary School, Chennai has received the prestigious Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Shakti Puraskar2020 from the Honourable President of India Mr. Ram Nath Kovind in a grand ceremony on Wednesday 22nd January 2020. The President awarded 49 school students from across the country in the fields of innovation, social service, scholastic, sports, art and culture, and bravery.
- Master Sivabharathi Anbu Bharathi, has extended his support towards the rice farmers in India. He worked on an “Innovative method for raising the paddy seedlings by an economically viable and ecologically sustainable method” by generating high quality seedling that only takes 14 days to grow and is transplanted in the field. The cost of the new seedling is 33% lesser than the current investment made by the farmers.
- His other project, titled “Efficient and economical control of pests in rice through seedling raised in a media using Nano bio-pesticides” tries to resolve the rice pest infestation and protects the farmers crop.
- He received an award from the Sigma XI – The scientific research honor society and was also duly elected as an associate member by the committee in the year 2017.
- He was endowedwith the USAID Global development innovation award from the US Agency for International developmentand an award on innovation by Monsanto- USA in 2017.
- Rob and Melani Walton Sustainability Solutions Initiative award was presented by the Arizona State University in recognition of the creation, design and development of innovative solutions that directly addresses our planet’s sustainability challenges.
- He received the prestigious Grand award by IRIS in The National Science Fair held at Initiative for Research & Innovation in Science (IRIS) at Pune in 2016 and at New Delhi in 2017.
- He won the CSIR innovation award for the school children from the Honorable President of India at the Golden Jubilee function of CSIR held at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi on 26th Sep 2017.
- Sivabharathi and the 48 other children, hand-picked by an elite panel set up by the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development, met the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on 24th January 2020. They also took part in the Republic Day Parade on January 26 2020.
- The Management, staff andstudents of NSN Memorial Senior Secondary School take great pleasure in congratulating Sivabharathi for his accolades and wishes him for his future endeavors!!!
Please go to this link https://youtu.be/j8Fg4fhLDGE to know more about his project
Sivabharati and E.T. Ramkumar of Std. IX have excelled themselves by bagging the first place in the International Intel Science & Engineering Fair held in Los Angeles, U.S.A. They have won 75% scholarship given by ASU – WALTON (Arizona State University) in the category of sustainability solutions.
Other 3 awards:
I Place – Sigma XI – Scientific research honoured
I Place – MONSANTO – Innovation in Plant Science.
II Place – USA – ID – Global Development in Innovative Sciences.
They will be flying to ASU again in the month of February 2018 to present their project. If they qualify they will get 100% scholarship to pursue their higher studies.
INNOVATION PROTECTION UNIT – CSIR has awarded II Prize to A. Siva Bharathi of Std.X for his innovative method entitled “Innovative Method of Raising Rice Seedlings by An Economically Viable and Ecologically Sustainable Method”. He received the award from the Honourable President of India.
Kudos to Siva Bharathi!!! NSN is proud of him!!!
TEJASWINI S R (2019 BATCH)
Tejaswini S R (XI E) XVII – National Para Swimming Championship 2017 conducted by Paralympic Committee of India:
200 m Individual Medley – I Prize
100 m Breast Stroke – I Prize
100 m Butterfly – I Prize
One would wonder why this style was named butterfly. And, once you see our young champ S.R.Tejaswini accelerating at great speed in the water, you would put your hands together to applaud her. Perhaps the butterfly is proof that you can go through a great deal of darkness, yet become something beautiful. Tejaswini,a class XI student at N.S.N School, Chitlapakkam, never ceases to amuse the spectators and her opponents. Her relentless spirit has extended her limits of achievement and made her a tough competitor. To list out a few of her achievements , she has seemingly strived in State level Paralympic swimming competition 2015,National level Paralympic swimming competition 2015 – held at Belgaum, State level Paralympic swimming competition 2016, and the National level Paralympic swimming competition 2016 – held at Jaipur winning gold medal in all of these games. She has also participated recently in the Asian Youth Para Games selection- held at Delhi which is the selection trail for the Asian Youth Games and if selected in this, she would be representing India in the Asian Youth Games which is going to be held at Dubai in December 2017.
HARINI.S (2017 BATCH)
Harini.S of Std XII has won the First Prize in the District level,State level and South region level Carnatic Music Competitions conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu.She was awarded the “KALAI ILAMANI” Award on 13.8.17 for the Year 2015-2016
PARIMALAKANTH (2009 BATCH)
We are very proud to share that he has entered the Guinness Book of World Records by winning the “Longest Drawing by an Individual!”
DUSHYANTH SRIDHAR (2005 BATCH)
Dushyanth Sridhar is a public speaker and writer in Tamil and English on ancient Indian Hindu religious texts. He has learnt scriptures like Sri Bhashyam, Gita Bhashyam, Rahasy
a-traya Saram and Bhagavad Vishayam. He has delivered many live discourses in multiple countries.
NALINIKANTH (1993 BATCH)
Nalinikanth, who has been appointed as President & CEO, GE Healthcare, India & South Asia. He has put NSN on the world map through his efforts & perseverance. We wish him humongous success in his new assignment.
VATSALA.T (1991 BATCH)
Dr. Vatsala Thirumalai, Scientist, National Centre for Biological Sciences(NCBS), Bangalore.
Dr. VATSALA THIRUMALAI, ALUMNUS OF NSN, is the proud recipient of INDIA’S HIGHEST SCIENCE AWARD SHANTI SWARUP BHATNAGAR PRIZE FOR 2020, announced during the foundation day of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). Vatsala is a Scientist at the National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bangalore.
Vatsala began her schooling at NSN MATRICULATION HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL. She was always an inquisitive student with optimum scientific temper and inquiry. She attributes her interest towards Science to the encouragement of her parents and teachers. She also adds in her interview to IISER, Pune, that her wonderful teachers motivated her to think out of box and also think about careers in different disciplines which developed an interest towards Science and Research in her. She also quoted that the visit organized by NSN to Tamilnadu Veterinary Science College threw open a unique exposure as they witnessed and learnt about different specimens. This kindled her to take up a career in Science.
Vatsala pursued her under graduation in B. Tech in Bio Technology from Anna University. Then she went on to pursue Ph.D in Neuro Science from Brandeis University, Massachusetts. Her quest for knowledge and specialization gained her an opportunity to pursue her Doctorate in National Institute of Health in Vold Spring Harbor Labs, New York. She did her post doctoral research for nine years relentlessly.
Dr. Vatsala did various researches in her lab NCBS, Bangalore. Her lab is interested in understanding the hierarchy, mechanisms and development of neural circuits that generate movement. They use Zebrafish, a small freshwater tropical fish endemic to the Ganges, as the model system.
We are really proud of her achievement and wish her many more accolades in the years to come.
S.VARADARAJAN (1990 BATCH)
S.Varadarajan has been conferred with several titles and awards and has for more than 20 years, given solo concerts and traveled the world on several concert tours as an accompanying artist.