1998-1998: Our students contributed a sum of Rs.1,75,000/– to “Dew Drops’ – Home for the aged, Porur.
1999 – 2000 : The year 1999 was declared as ‘The year of the Older Persons’. Our children collected a sum of Rs.1,74,080/– for Helpage India. This was the second highest collection in Tamilnadu and our school was given an award for the same.
2000–2001 : Our students contributed a sum of Rs.35,000/– towards the Army Welfare Fund for the Kargil Victims. It was our way of Saluting the brave soldiers who died fighting for the Nation.
2001–2002 : As a gesture of service to society, our students visited ‘VISHRANTI’ an old age home and contributed 750 kgs of Rice. They collected old clothes for the victims of the Gujarat Earth Quake and also for the orphans at Udhavum Karangal.
2002–2003 : Our Students visited “Banyan” a rehabilitation centre for the mentally ill and contributed 170 kgs of thwar dhal, collected from our school students.
2003–2004 : Our Members contributed 740 kgs of rice collected from our school students to Udavum Karangal, an orphanage.
2004–2005 : Our students collected 1600 kgs of rice which was donated to the following homes.
- Shri Saradha Sakthi Peetham, Old Perungalathur, Chennai – 63
- Baba Gurukulam, Pozhichalur
- Babuji Home for the Aged, Chitlapakkam
- Sathyanarayana Charitable Trust, Nemilicherry
- Sivanandha Orphanage, Kattangalathoor
THE CHIEF MINISTER’S PUBLIC RELIEF FUND FOR THE VICTIMS OF TSUNAMI
The Management, Staff and students contributed a sum of Rs.1,50,000 to the Chief Minister’s Public Relief Fund for the Victims of Tsunami. Old clothes were donated to ‘Udavum Karangal’ and ‘Baba Gurukulam’ for orphans and destitutes.
2005–2006 : Our students collected 6 bags of rice which was donated to the following homes.
- Shri Saradha Sakthi Peetham, Old Perungalathur, Chennai – 63 (Apples, Rice, Dhal, Sweets & Crackers)
- Baba Gurukulam, Pozhichalur (Apples, Rice, Dhal,Sweets & Crackers)
- New Life Centre – Sanatorium (Rice, Dhal, Sweets & Apples)
- Adyar Cancer Institute – 400 Apples & Vishranthi – 200 Apples & sweets
2006–2007: With the support and co–operation of the parents, our students raised a sum of Rs.3,19,087/– for TANKER Foundation which offers medical aid to the poor kidney patients at a subsidized rate. Mr.R.S.Suriya (cine actor) who is the goodwill ambassador of TANKER Foundation visited the school on Nov. 14th and personally thanked the students for their contribution. He also appreciated the students and their parents for their magnanimity.
2007–2008 : Students were urged to celebrate a smokeless and pollution free Diwali. The students also contributed a sum of Rs.1,32,679/– which was donated to five orphanages and old age homes. The Scouts, Guides and the JRC volunteers went to these centres and distributed sweets, fruits, rice, dhal, stationeries, toiletries etc to the poor and the needy.
2008-2009 : Students raised a sum of Rs.5,60,205/-. To make this year’s Children’s Day’ a special and memorable one, they sponsored around 300 abandoned children on a trip to MGM, providing them lunch and snacks and gifting them school bags, stationery etc. The school donated Rs.1,50,000/- to ‘The Banyan’, a rehabilitation centre for the mentally ill homeless women
Rs.50,000 to ‘Ray of Light Foundation’ which provides treatment to children afflicted with cancer, Rs.25,000/- to Vishvadaan Educational and Charitable Trust and Rs.25,000/- to Laurencce Charitable Trust. The school also donated washing machine, Plasma TV, Water heater, Wet grinder , Ceiling fans and bedsheets to three orphanages; Baba Gurukulam, Pozhichalur, Shiri Saradha Sakthi Peetam, Old Perungalathur and Good Life Centre, Tambaram.
2009-2010 : The school raised a sum of Rs.5,50,000. A sum of Rs.3 lacs was donated to RASA, an organization which treats children who are mentally and physically challenged through dance therapy. A sum of Rs.2.5 lacs was donated to the children’s wing of Cancer Institute, Adyar.
INDIAN DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION
2010-11 : Students raised a sum of Rs.6.15 lakhs. A sum of Rs.2.05 lakhs was donated to each of the following organisations.
2011-12 : Students raised a sum of Rs.6.65 lakhs which was donated to each of the following organizations :
CHENNAPURI ANNADANA SAMAJAM
THE SPASTICS SOCIETY OF TAMIL NADU
- The Spastics Society of Tamil Nadu 3,50,000/-
- Chennapuri Annadana Samajam 2,00,000/-
- Aalayam, Home for abandoned children – 1,15,000/-
2012-13 : Students raised a sum of Rs.7.50 lakhs which was donated to
- World Vision – 3,50,000
- Tree Guards – 4,00,000 (1111 sapplings were planted by the students in and around Chitlapakkam and Chromepet).
SRI AIYASWAMI AIYAR HIGH SCHOOL
2013-14 :Students raised a sum of Rs.8,76,294/- , Management contributed Rs. 1,23,706/- = Total Rs.10,00,000/-, which was donated to Sri Aiyaswami Aiyar High School, Chennai -44.
2014-15:Students raised a sum of Rs.9,13,580/- which was donated to World Vision India. The donation will be used to provide Sanitation & Drinking Water facilities in two/three Government Schools. A sum of Rs.15,000/- was donated to Good Life Centre, Tambaram, a Home for abandoned children.
SWACHH BHARAT PROJECT OF THE PRIME MINISTER,
SHRI NARENDRA MODI.
2015-2016: Students raised a sum of Rs.10,15,800 which was used to construct fifty toilets for the under- privileged under the Swachh Bharat Project of the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi.
2015-2016: The school also donated 1000 blankets, rice bags and supply food to the poor and the needy during the Chennai Floods
2016-2017: Students raised a sum of Rs.10,53,991/- out of which
- We donated a sum of Rs. 525000/- to M/s. Lawrence Charitable Trust, Chennai.
- We spent a sum of Rs. 214723/- and set a Library in Govt. Adi Dravidar Welfare High School, puliyanthope
- We have contributed Rs. 168000/- to pitt mac vocational centre, puliyanthope towards purchase of Computers, Sewing Machines etc.
- We provided lunch for 2500 students to Sevalaya, an orphanage amounting to Rs. 125000/- .
- Go Green Project – Rs. 21268/-
2017-2018 : Students raised a sum of Rs.11,00,000/- out of which
- We built 28 toilets for the under privileged in and around Pallavaram and Chromepet
- We constructed 12 Toilets for Aiyyasamy Aiyar, a Govt. Aided School in Chromepet by spending a sum of Rs. 3,00,000/-
- Also we spent a sum of Rs.100000/- towards constructing 3 toilets in Kumaran Kundram Temple
The Correspondent met the Kerala Chief Minister Shri Pinarayi Vijayan, this morning (1/10/18) at the Kerala secretariat and handed over a cheque for ₹ 17 lacs, which was contributed by our students & staff towards the Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund.
2019-2020: This year we have raised a sum of Rs.1319296/- and the same has been used to construct Toilets for Ayyasamy School – 5 Nos and Government TB Hospital – 9 Nos.