RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE SCHOOL
- All pupils are expected to be present for the daily assembly.
- It is compulsory for every pupil to come to school in full uniform including footwear and Identity Card.
- Irregular attendance at school, habitual laziness, disobedience, dishonesty, or conduct injurious to the moral tone of the school within or outside are sufficient reasons for the dismissal of a student.
- The School authorities will not be responsible for the loss, damage, or robbery of pupils’ belongings. It is not advisable for the pupils to bring money or valuable articles unnecessarily to school.
- No pupil is exempted from games and physical training without a medical certificate. The period of exemption should be specified.
- Speaking of English is encouraged in the School.
- Any damage done in class or in school premises has to be made good. Pupils must take care of the equipment that has been lent for their use. Students will have to pay a penalty for damaging school property intentionally or unintentionally (classroom furniture, electrical fittings, doors, windows, toilet fittings, sports equipment, band instruments etc.)
- Repeated defaulters who do not pay fees regularly may be withdrawn from the school.
- Shoes should be cleaned regularly.
- All pupils are responsible to the school authorities for their behavior outside the school also.
- No pupil suffering from a contagious or infectious disease shall be allowed to attend school.
- Students must wear the school uniform whenever they enter the school premises for special classes, PTM, rehearsals, etc.
- Exercise books for the pupil’s use in the school must be bought from the school only.
- If any circular is issued with a tear-off slip, it should be returned to the class teacher the next day, duly signed by the Parent/Guardian.
- Primary students are forbidden from coming by bicycle to school.
- Students are forbidden from coming in powered two-wheelers to school.
- Students are prohibited from bringing mobile phones, i-pods,camera, etc. to school and when they go out from school. If students are found in possession of any of the above, it will be CONFISCATED.
- A penalty will be levied for violation of school rules/damaging school property.
- Students should not have Facebook A/c or be in WhatsApp or any other kind of social media. Violation of this rule will be viewed seriously. Maligning the school’s reputation through social media or otherwise, will lead to the termination of the student.
PRINCIPLES OF DISCIPLINE, CONDUCT AND BEHAVIOUR
- The School is very particular about the conduct and behavior of students both inside and outside the school campus. The total assessment of the student’s conduct is done using the parameters mentioned below:
- Courtesy and good manners.
- Self-discipline and Self-control
- Assembly behavior, behavior during prayer and meditation
- Behavior during lunch and snack time
- Wearing proper uniform
- Self-discipline in programs outside the school.
- Evincing humane qualities.
- Behavior during exams and tests. Any kind of malpractice will lead to severe disciplinary action.
- Attitude towards staff members, fellow students, school property, studies, etc.
- Work Ethics
- Regular attendance particularly prior to and during the exams
- Classroom behaviour and behavior on corridors in-between classes
- Behavior in library and lab
- Orderly participation in games
The conduct of students will be assessed on the following basis
- Violation of school rules
- Bringing a mobile phone/camera/i-pod/i-pad, etc.
- Riding a powered 2 wheeler
- Frequent late coming.
- Availing leave often without valid reasons and prior permission.
- Irregularity in work.
- Behavioral issues.
- Attitude of students towards studies/teacher/school mate/ school property.
- Blackmark will be awarded for misbehavior inside or outside the school. The co-operation of the parents is earnestly solicited in this matter in the interest of their own children as the rule is meant to improve and maintain the discipline of the NSN schools.
- Regularity and implicit obedience are expected in the school.
- Politeness and courtesy of speech and conduct, as well as cleanliness of dress and person, are to be observed.
- No pupil should be absent from class without obtaining leave previously. Pupils must be punctual for class every working day.
- Pupils are not allowed to go out of the school campus during intervals. They are forbidden to purchase any article of food from unauthorized dealers at or near the school premises.
- Any pupil who is persistently insubordinate or repeatedly or willfully mischievous, or is guilty of malpractice in connection with examinations or has committed an act of serious indiscipline and/ or misbehavior, or who in the opinion of the Head of the school has an unwholesome influence on fellow pupils or whose parents/ guardians show little interest in the progress of their wards may be removed from the rolls. The removal may be temporary or permanent, according to the gravity of the offense.
- Fingernails must be cut short and kept clean.
- Pupils are expected to come to school with all that is necessary for the day’s work. Borrowing or lending of pencils, erasers, rulers, instrument boxes, etc., is discouraged.
- If the Science Record Books are not submitted from time to time, on the dates specified by the respective teachers, the student will not be allowed to do the next experiment and may even be stopped from taking the terminal Examinations. It is imperative that your ward is regular in submitting the practical record books in Science to the teacher concerned.
- Personal cleanliness and hygiene are greatly recommended to all. Students should be particularly careful not to throw papers, flowers, etc., anywhere on the school premises. They should use the baskets and bins especially provided for the purpose.
- During the absence of the teacher, each class monitor is responsible for the order and discipline of the pupils.
- When pupils move along the corridors for change of periods, they must walk in silence and in a single file. They should keep to the left.
- Silence must be observed in the corridors and the stairs during class hours. There should be NO TALKING at the change of periods.
- Running, playing, and shouting inside the school building are never allowed.
- Ornaments like anklets, chains, bangles, fancy clips, etc. should not be worn to school.
- The permission of the Principal is required for any student activities such as gifts to the teachers, fund-raising, ticket selling, etc.
- Forging parents’ signatures or altering marks and grades will be viewed seriously.
- Any serious breach of discipline and above all disrespect and disobedience to the members of the school staff inside or outside the school premises will be treated seriously.
- Regular late-coming, frequent absence, negligence in wearing a uniform, carelessness in studies, etc. will amount to the dismissal of the student.
- Every student should bring the Hand Book to school daily.
- No Book (other than library books and class books), newspaper, or periodical should be brought to school without the consent of the school authorities. Disciplinary action will be taken if students are found exchanging articles (tattoos, game cards, CDs, etc.).
- Students are expected to take part in all co-curricular and extra-curricular activities of the school and no one will be exempted except for valid reasons.
- Boys should come to school with their hair properly cut and clean-shaven. No boy with long hair will be allowed to attend class.
- Pupils should bring lunch to school. Parents will not be permitted to bring lunch in the afternoon.
- Pupils are prohibited from bringing non-vegetarian food to school.
- Pupils should bring with them napkins/ hand towels and should use the same during lunch to avoid making the classroom dirty. Students should eat their lunch in the school only at the fixed place and clean it before they leave.
- Good table manners should be followed during lunchtime. Spilling and wasting should be avoided. Students should use a spoon to eat.
- Though the school supplies drinking water, it is advisable that the pupils carry clean drinking water in water bottles from their homes.
- Students are prohibited from eating or chewing any eatables/gum during class hours.
- Any payment to be made in the school office should be prompt and well within the last date given for payment.
- Students should form a queue when they must so that everyone can have a chance.
- Any student found to have taken other students’ belongings will face disciplinary action.
- Physical violence on classmates/schoolmates inside or outside the campus will not be condoned.
- A wristwatch can be worn by students from Std. VIII only. Fancy watches should not be worn by lower-class students.
- Photograph attestation for any bonafide student will be executed by the Principal only when the photograph is taken with school uniform and not civil dress.
- Pupils are expected to be clean and tidy in their personal appearance, books, and belongings.
- All pupils are responsible to the school authorities for their behavior outside the school also. The school authorities reserve the right to suspend any pupil whose conduct is not satisfactory.
- Students are strictly forbidden from purchasing any foodstuff from unauthorized dealers/ hawkers near the school premises.
- Bringing any sort of objectionable literature into the school may lead to dismissal from the school.
- Every pupil must take part in school games and other activities unless declared physically unfit by the doctor and exempted by the Principal.
- Students who are selected to represent the school for competitions and for other programs are expected to be present for the same without fail. Those students who fail to be present on the day of the competition/program without any prior information and those who report late will not be permitted to represent the school in the future.
- Collection of money by pupils for any purpose, whatsoever, requires the prior sanction of the school Principal.
Absenting without obtaining permission will be viewed seriously.
If a child is absent for unavoidable reasons or due to illness or any other valid reason, a letter of explanation must be sent immediately to the Principal or at least brought when the child returns to school if the period of leave taken is only three days.No child will be allowed to attend class without a leave letter. In case of continuous absence for one week without any information, the absentee’s name shall be struck off from the roll. If re-admitted he/she will have to pay the re-admission fee. 75% attendance is compulsory for promotion to the next class.
Parents are requested not to encourage their wards to stay away from classes and prepare for school tests or professional entrance coaching classes or for any other exams. Such absenteeism will lead to suspension from school and they will not be allowed to take their public exam.
- Parents should take prior permission before availing of leave and not give prior information. Parents should not book tickets to go out of the station on working days without the written sanction of the Principal.
- Black marks will be given if leave is taken without prior permission for attending marriages, functions, ceremonies, etc.,
- Parents of students who avail of leave (IX-XII) should meet the Principal / VP with the leave letter on the day the student reports to school.
- During school hours no student is allowed to leave the classroom without the permission of the teacher or until the class is dismissed. Permission to leave the school premises will be granted only if there is a written requisition letter from parents and if the child is found sick or hurt. Oral requests will not be accepted. The written permission of the Principal is required for the student to leave the premises during school hours. Breach of these rules will be viewed seriously.
- Parents are requested not to ask their children to come away from school before the school gets over, except in case of real necessity, in which case permission should be obtained previously in writing.
- It may be noted that children will not be sent home even in an emergency with anyone who might come for them during school hours without a written request from the Parent or Guardian.
- Parents who wish to take their child/children during the afternoon session due to unforeseen circumstances should apply for leave in the morning itself before the commencement of the morning session and under no circumstances, except in the case of an emergency, will the child be allowed to go in the afternoon if the application is not given in the morning. Permission Slip has to be obtained on the submission of a written request by the parents.
- Students who are absent themselves in the morning session will be allowed to attend school in the afternoon only if the parents procure permission in the morning. A letter of absence should be brought by the pupil from the parent.
- Parents should inform the school office in case the pupil needs permission in the morning. Permission will be granted only up to 9.40 a.m in case of emergency and only for valid reasons.
- Pupils must be present on the first and last working days of every term.
Parents should plan their festival holidays in accordance with the school holidays. Leave availed before and after the school holidays will be viewed seriously.
6. Copy of lab report/diagnosis/ prescription should be produced in case of leave taken due to some illness. Availing of leave for the following reasons has to be avoided by the students.
- Family functions/marriages (except for their close relative) only one day’s leave will be granted for attending a wedding in Chennai.
- Going on tour/pilgrimage with parents.
- Religious Ceremonies (where the child’s presence is not required).
- Preparing for school examinations and other competitive examinations.
- Entertaining relatives/friends at home.
- Preparing for school exams and other competitive exams.